Tuesday, March 30, 2010

To blog or not to blog


So, why a blog? Well, with a bit of encouragement from a friend, I decided to give it a shot. Alright, honestly, she first had to explain what a blog is (yes, I know it's 2010 and no, I haven't been frozen in time).

I have been called an indie film snob (at least it wasn't a snob in general) and a film nerd (maybe there's some nerd in me - okay, a lot), but what I consider myself is an absolute lover of the independent film. American, international - it makes no difference to me. As a resident of the Lehigh Valley, PA, I love seeing films at the Civic Theatre of Allentown. Unfortunately, this geographic region lacks in exposure of many indie films, but the Civic Theatre is the go-to place for all of us indie film lovers.

So why not share my unsolicited thoughts about my experiences as they pertain to independent films. If nothing else, I hope to give a little recognition to those films which make me not only think, but also feel. So please turn your cell phone off and enjoy the show.

1 comment:

  1. I love your writing style! :) Yay you have a blog!!! You ARE an indie film snob and a huge NERD but that's okay because being a nerd is chic these days! xoxo

    ReplyDelete